CHICKEN WINGS

Rich, I just checked the sales slip for the last wings DH bought. I don't know how many were in the package, but they cost almost $20.00. I was not aware of that. Thanks

I guess I better stop posting recipes for National Chicken Wing Day. Darn, I have spent the last 2 days going through all my Raichlen and
Weber cookbooks printing out wing recipes.. Let's hope after the 29th prices will go down. I wonder if the stores know that the same day is also Nat'l Chili Dog Day. lol Wonder what hot dogs are going for. :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
ok, I found out that there were 16 whole wings in the package for $19.64. Is that too much?

HAPPY NATIONAL CHICKEN WING DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!

This is what DH is getting ready for tonight.

Thai Chicken Wings

1/2 cup honey
5 TB. soy sauce, preferably tamari
3 TB. fish sauce
Juice of 2 limes
Grated zest of 2 limes
1 TB. ground dried chile
1 TB. grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. Sambal red chile sauce
Pinch of sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
24 whole chicken wings (about 2 lbs.)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro

1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for indirect grilling, placing a drip pan under the cool side of the grill rack. Preheat to 375F.
2. In a bowl, combine next 11 ingredients, stirring to mix. Marinate wings in refrigerator 4 to 8 hours.
3. Drain the wings, set aside, and let come to room temperature. Meanwhile, pour the marinade into a saucepan and boil for 12 minutes to use as a baste. (also save some for dipping)
4. Transfer the wings to the prepared grill rack over indirect heat. Cook, basting once or twice per side and turning often, until the wings appear sticky but the sauce isn't burning, 20 to 30 minutes. (A thermometer inserted in the wings should read 160F.)
5. Serve immediately garnished with the cilantro.

Source: The Best Barbecue on Earth - Rick Browne - 2008

Last edited:
Oh boy!!!!!!!
We may not be grilling tonight. It is thundering and raining like crazy here. I think I might join our cat under the bed. lol

What is happening on the 29th?

I remember going to Rutgers New Brunswick Campus. There is a very good chicken wing place called Cluck U. They had different grades of sauce going from mild, atomic, nuclear, and thermonuclear. Atomic was plenty hot for me and I liked hot food. Can’t imagine what thermonuclear would be like. At some point, they changed their name to Cluck University.
What is happening on the 29th?

I remember going to Rutgers New Brunswick Campus. There is a very good chicken wing place called Cluck U. They had different grades of sauce going from mild, atomic, nuclear, and thermonuclear. Atomic was plenty hot for me and I liked hot food. Can’t imagine what thermonuclear would be like. At some point, they changed their name to Cluck University.
I remember going to Cluck U back in the late 70’s. Another hot spot on campus was Greasy Tony’s.

Last edited:
HAPPY NATIONAL CHICKEN WING DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!

This is what DH is getting ready for tonight.

Thai Chicken Wings

1/2 cup honey
5 TB. soy sauce, preferably tamari
3 TB. fish sauce
Juice of 2 limes
Grated zest of 2 limes
1 TB. ground dried chile
1 TB. grated fresh ginger
1 tsp. Sambal red chile sauce
Pinch of sea salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
24 whole chicken wings (about 2 lbs.)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped cilantro

1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for indirect grilling, placing a drip pan under the cool side of the grill rack. Preheat to 375F.
2. In a bowl, combine next 11 ingredients, stirring to mix. Marinate wings in refrigerator 4 to 8 hours.
3. Drain the wings, set aside, and let come to room temperature. Meanwhile, pour the marinade into a saucepan and boil for 12 minutes to use as a baste.
4. Transfer the wings to the prepared grill rack over indirect heat. Cook, basting once or twice per side and turning often, until the wings appear sticky but the sauce isn't burning, 20 to 30 minutes. (A thermometer inserted in the wings should read 160F.)
5. Serve immediately garnished with the cilantro.

Source: The Best Barbecue on Earth - Rick Brown - 2008
Just a quick note to say these were VERY GOOD!!!!!

1627695186642.png

Last edited:
Hi Jeff, thanks.

I did make a note on the recipe that said, next time, save some marinade for dipping. lol

Thanks Jeff, the picture looks like it wasn't worth enlarging. lol See why I don't post many pictures.

DH made these for dinner last night. They were very good.

Heroin Wings

4 lbs. chicken wings
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 TB. dried parsley
1 TB. dried oregano
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup butter

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut the wings into two sections. Combine the ingredients except butter in a bowl. Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
2. Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan. Dip each drumstick in butter, roll in the cheese and seasoning mixture and arrange in the foil-lined pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour and kick yourself for not having made a double recipe. (lol) Yield: about 50 pieces

Source: Chef Paul Kirk

DH made these for dinner last night. They were very good.

Heroin Wings

4 lbs. chicken wings
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 TB. dried parsley
1 TB. dried oregano
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup butter

1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cut the wings into two sections. Combine the ingredients except butter in a bowl. Line a shallow baking pan with foil.
2. Melt the butter in a shallow bowl or pan. Dip each drumstick in butter, roll in the cheese and seasoning mixture and arrange in the foil-lined pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour and kick yourself for not having made a double recipe. (lol) Yield: about 50 pieces

Source: Chef Paul Kirk
Just curious as to why you didn't use the WSM vs oven?

A popular favorite in our house. I grill them on the kettle vs. cooking in the oven. When the weather doesn’t cooperate, I cook them in my air fryer.

1630598693982.jpg

Korean Wings​

Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 45 minutes Servings: Servings 4Source: rasamalaysia.com

INGREDIENTS​

24 chicken wings wingettes and drumettes only
Salt
Ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic minced
3 tablespoons Korean red chili pepper paste Gochujang
1/2 teaspoon Korean chili powder Gochugaru
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon sesame oil
White sesame for garnishing
Chopped scallions for garnishing

DIRECTIONS​

Preheat the oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, season the wings with salt and pepper. Transfer the wings, skin side up, on the baking sheets and roast them for about 40 - 45 minutes, until they are cooked through and crisp.
In a small sauce pan, add the remaining ingredients except white sesame and scallions. Heat on low heat, whisk to mix well. Turn off the heat when it becomes saucy.
Toss the baked chicken wings with the sauce, coat well. Garnish with the sesame and scallions. Serve immediately.

NUTRITION​

Calories 480 kcal
Saturated Fat 4.8g
Cholesterol 202mg
Sodium 649mg

But Mark, do you remember the VERY FIRST TIME you made them? How did you cook them then?

They do look good, but are they too hot for me?

Back