Chicken wings

Question for you gents:

Just wondering what the foil under the rack is for? Purely for ease of clean up? I have an E6 coming and a vortex is going to be something I’d like to use. I’m uneducated on the matter so I’m trying to learn, if you please.
Bradley,
Check out this thread, we went into that topic pretty well, but yes is it is for easy clean up, is the simple answer.

Bradley,
Check out this thread, we went into that topic pretty well, but yes is it is for easy clean up, is the simple answer.

Thank you sir.

Question for you gents:

Just wondering what the foil under the rack is for? Purely for ease of clean up? I have an E6 coming and a vortex is going to be something I’d like to use. I’m uneducated on the matter so I’m trying to learn, if you please.
I’ve replaced my one touch cleaning system twice since purchasing. First time was incredibly difficult removing the one touch system as the oil drippings collected at the bowl bottom and all over the one touch system. After replacing it, I began using foil to catch all the drippings which made the 2nd one touch replacement a snap.

I’m finding the “replacement of ash sweepers” kind of interesting. I’ve had the bowl for my “Overperformer” almost thirty years and I’ve replaced the sweeps once (I think) I simply can’t figure out what people are doing that wears them out so fast. I’m by no means fastidious with regard to cleaning up the kettle but, gee.

Lookin' so tasty, Tim. In fact, they got my wing thing going. Did another batch tonight. I roughly use Steve Raichen's Buffacue Wings recipe with some personalization. I do them indirect between charcoal baskets for about 35 minutes, then char them direct to finish them. Sauce and dressing get added at the table. Always satisfying.

Jeff

On the grill
Wing setup by Jeff Hasselberger, on Flickr

On the table
Wings by Jeff Hasselberger, on Flickr
This is how I like to cook mine.

Back