Chicken Thighs with a New Rub

Mike Gray

TVWBB Super Fan
Hello everyone, been a long time since I posted any pics but come in everyday to see what everyone else is cookin'. Went to the Baltimore Farmers Market a couple months back and picked up some new rub that I planned to use on pulled pork. I haven't made the pulled pork just yet, but wanted to try out the rub on something simple. It's a multipurpose rub so chicken was fair game. Here goes...

Selection of spices

Spices_zps0e21ba25.jpg

DA-Rub! The guy who sold it to me swore it was the best he ever created. He had quite a few other selections, but this seemed like a good first choice.

Rub_zpsc55850e4.jpg

Thighs on the grill with some chicken sausage for tomorrow. The larger ones have the new rub, the smaller used the regular spices.

grill_zps8e6e2117.jpg

Cool shot that I did on accident.

cool_zps2fc2d0a9.jpg

Sausages are done

sausage_zpsc828786e.jpg

Chicken is done. Sauced the smaller ones made with the regular spices with some Sweet Baby Rays. Left the ones done with the Da Rub plain so I could taste the rub by itself.

finished_zps69a7a4ca.jpg

Here it is plated

Plate_zpsd245a393.jpg

The chicken was fantastic and I will definitely use this rub again. I think it would also be great on pulled pork too. My wife and kids don't do spicy and this did have a little kick to it, but that was perfect for me.

Have a couple of ideas for my next cook and plenty of time to get it done. Vacation started Friday and don't have to head back to work until Jan 7th! :cool:

Thanks for looking.

Nice cook Mike, and a nice action shot of your kettle in the dark.
Nice salad and pasta side!

Bob

Back