'Chicken Salad' for the soul of a nooby

Mike Hartwell

TVWBB Pro
Having just bot my WSM this June, I've found that it's just as easy to cook vast quantities of meat as it is to cook a little.
Unfortunately, my cooks are just for my spouse and myself...and we're old folks, so not big eaters.
Naturally, the Foodsaver 3840 became my first gadget.
A few weeks ago I cooked the Wiviott chicken with the mojo (made from scratch, of necessity).
Delicious, and copious leftovers.
Today I broke out one of those half chicken packs, pulled and chopped a bit, threw in a stalk of chopped celery, about 1/4 cup chopped onion, a chopped up Granny Smith apple, about 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, 1/2 cup of chopped English walnuts. Mixed in about a cup or so of Mayo, spinkled on a tsp of Penzeys half sharp paprika, and mixed it all together.
Let it sit in the fridge while I engineered some Garlic bread.
I served it on lettuce and threw on a handful of garlic wonton strips for crunch, and waited for the compliments.
That's what I live for.
Now...room to cook some more.
God bless the cooks.
Amen.

We only cook here for 2 also ! But I always well most always fill up the smoker when I fire it up its nice to decide you want ribs and just heatem up from the freezer
icon_smile.gif
I even bought an extra freezer just for stashing q meat cooked and to be cooked
icon_biggrin.gif

Your salad sounds great I got a pile a smoked turkey I may just make a turkey salad like your chicken tommrow for lunch . Made the turkey last week and we had a ton left over that went in the freezer . Thou my daughter works a lot a hrs we send dinner for them a lot it helps move some left overs .

I just bought my WSM in may but I have 2 other smokers for yrs and I couldn't live without my smoked meats . But the WSM cooks like a dream when you have cooked on others for yrs .

We should start a "WE COOK FOR 2 CLUB". I have had a full freezer since I bought WSM. I want to cook every weekend usually both Sat and Sun. I have been inviting the neighbors over a lot more. Good folk. I have been seriously considering taking left overs to the soup kitchen so that I would have a good reason to cook more meat. My wife wonders when I will get a second freezer. I did that once, a used one, and the electricity bill bout killed me. I think the soup kitchen will be cheaper.

Mark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mk evenson:
We should start a "WE COOK FOR 2 CLUB". I have had a full freezer since I bought WSM. I want to cook every weekend usually both Sat and Sun. I have been inviting the neighbors over a lot more. Good folk. I have been seriously considering taking left overs to the soup kitchen so that I would have a good reason to cook more meat. My wife wonders when I will get a second freezer. I did that once, a used one, and the electricity bill bout killed me. I think the soup kitchen will be cheaper.

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya know there is somthing seriously wrong with us don't ya
icon_biggrin.gif
I could feed 300 folks outa my 2 freezers right now and have left overs
icon_eek.gif

And Iam setting here trying to think of an excuse to smoke this weekend
wsmsmile8gm.gif
Now thats sick
icon_biggrin.gif
My 2 dogs eat better than a lotta familys and thats not only sick its sad ! I feed my daughters family and my neighbors and I still got a ton left over . I need to ease up but noooo not likely to happen .
icon_smile.gif

Now tonight the SMART thing to do would a been to pull out some left overs ! Did I do that NOOOO I made 2 GINORMUS porterhouse steaks baked potatoe aperagus and a bottle wine . Never said I was smart just like to eat
icon_wink.gif
The pug and the chi wa wa got a nice dish a med rare steak they would a prefered it rare but I cooked not the dang dogs there both belly up asleep like there owner in a bit
icon_biggrin.gif

Had a bottle a Greg Normans wine a siraz cab thing was very good to good from sams Club . I polished off 3 glasses I will sleep well
icon_smile.gif

And all this for 2 and 2 dogs .

Back