Chicken "Mojo"

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
Six(6) Tasty Whole Chicken Legs marinated overnight with "Salsa Goya Mojo"and Inside the Foil was some Tasty Costa Rican Veggies.

My Trusty Weber Performer Deluxe filled with 3/4 Full lit "Kingsford Matchlight Charcoal" in a Weber Regular Chimney maintained a temperature of around 375F for around one and one-half(11/2) Hours. Chicken was was pulled at around 170F internal temperature in about one(1) hour and the Veggies were done in around twenty(20) minutes.

Oh, regarding the "Matchlight Charcoal"; our local Costa Rican Cosco-type Super quit carrying the Kingsford Blue Bag around two(2) years ago. They then stocked their Charcoal Bin with the "Matchlight", so, I gave it a try. I followed the instructions listed on the bag and the wife, friends and I had no odor or taste of fuel once the grilled meat was cooked over the last couple of years. However, I do not use the "Matchlight" when smoking on my WSM 18" Classic.

Attachments

• Jt1ehqZ3TjOkH61teFE6Fg.jpg
    Jt1ehqZ3TjOkH61teFE6Fg.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Y3rlI3UCT028vV+DKWKz9Q.jpg
    Y3rlI3UCT028vV+DKWKz9Q.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Six(6) Tasty Whole Chicken Legs marinated overnight with "Salsa Goya Mojo"and Inside the Foil was some Tasty Costa Rican Veggies.

My Trusty Weber Performer Deluxe filled with 3/4 Full lit "Kingsford Matchlight Charcoal" in a Weber Regular Chimney maintained a temperature of around 375F for around one and one-half(11/2) Hours. Chicken was was pulled at around 170F internal temperature in about one(1) hour and the Veggies were done in around twenty(20) minutes.

Oh, regarding the "Matchlight Charcoal"; our local Costa Rican Cosco-type Super quit carrying the Kingsford Blue Bag around two(2) years ago. They then stocked their Charcoal Bin with the "Matchlight", so, I gave it a try. I followed the instructions listed on the bag and the wife, friends and I had no odor or taste of fuel once the grilled meat was cooked over the last couple of years. However, I do not use the "Matchlight" when smoking on my WSM 18" Classic.
Looks great from here!

Back