Chicken "Mojo"

Richard Garcia

TVWBB Wizard
Six(6) Tasty Whole Chicken Legs marinated overnight with "Salsa Goya Mojo"and Inside the Foil was some Tasty Costa Rican Veggies.

My Trusty Weber Performer Deluxe filled with 3/4 Full lit "Kingsford Matchlight Charcoal" in a Weber Regular Chimney maintained a temperature of around 375F for around one and one-half(11/2) Hours. Chicken was was pulled at around 170F internal temperature in about one(1) hour and the Veggies were done in around twenty(20) minutes.

Oh, regarding the "Matchlight Charcoal"; our local Costa Rican Cosco-type Super quit carrying the Kingsford Blue Bag around two(2) years ago. They then stocked their Charcoal Bin with the "Matchlight", so, I gave it a try. I followed the instructions listed on the bag and the wife, friends and I had no odor or taste of fuel once the grilled meat was cooked over the last couple of years. However, I do not use the "Matchlight" when smoking on my WSM 18" Classic.

Attachments

• Jt1ehqZ3TjOkH61teFE6Fg.jpg
    Jt1ehqZ3TjOkH61teFE6Fg.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Y3rlI3UCT028vV+DKWKz9Q.jpg
    Y3rlI3UCT028vV+DKWKz9Q.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Six(6) Tasty Whole Chicken Legs marinated overnight with "Salsa Goya Mojo"and Inside the Foil was some Tasty Costa Rican Veggies.

My Trusty Weber Performer Deluxe filled with 3/4 Full lit "Kingsford Matchlight Charcoal" in a Weber Regular Chimney maintained a temperature of around 375F for around one and one-half(11/2) Hours. Chicken was was pulled at around 170F internal temperature in about one(1) hour and the Veggies were done in around twenty(20) minutes.

Oh, regarding the "Matchlight Charcoal"; our local Costa Rican Cosco-type Super quit carrying the Kingsford Blue Bag around two(2) years ago. They then stocked their Charcoal Bin with the "Matchlight", so, I gave it a try. I followed the instructions listed on the bag and the wife, friends and I had no odor or taste of fuel once the grilled meat was cooked over the last couple of years. However, I do not use the "Matchlight" when smoking on my WSM 18" Classic.
Looks great from here!

Back