Chicken Legs brine question

Did some legs last week, and I cant believe how good they came out, so tender and juicy, and, so cheap!

Started them at 350, turning every 10 minutes. When the core reached 150 degrees, I put them over direct high heat, and basted with some Jamaican jerk sauce. Took them off at 165, and tented/rested for 10 minutes. Skin was perfectly charred, but not burnt, OUTSTANDING!!

Anywho, GF says I have to make them again, built this time, Im going to brine. Anybody know how long I should brine chicken legs?

lCHUc5b.jpg

2UQWKAb.jpg

gSvVZls.jpg

I brine pork and poultry anywhere from 2 to 24 hours.

My opinion is that a short brine is kind of a waste. There may be other data that may support or refute that theory. Duration is a function of guesswork, intuition, size and amount of meat, and strength of the brine. (Don't want it too salty)

But then, any brine is better than nothing. Or you could inject.

YMMV

To throw another twist into it, I dry brine for about 2 hours or so, sometimes overnight. How's that for accuracy.

When the wife and I do our traditional 25-30 boneless Turkey Breast for gifts every Christmas (we've been doing it for about 20 years) we brine for 18-24 hours and find that is the sweet spot time wise for not being to salty yet being very juicy and flavorful.

When ever I do a brine I do it overnight. That's because I have the extra time after dinner. I clean up the dishes, make my brine, have a beer. It makes a good evening.

Back