chicken leg/wing rack?

Joe H.

TVWBB Member
Someone bought me one of those chicken leg/wing racks for my bday... i've never seen or heard of anyone using one. Has anyone every used one of these? If so what type of results did you get and how long/what temps did you cook at? Looks interesting but I would rather have input from someone who has used one instead of whats written on the box from the manufacturer. Thanks
leg & wing rack

Hi Joe,

I picked one of these up for my brother for Christmas and thought what the heck and grabbed one for myself. I've only used it twice and just loaded it up with legs and put it on the kettle with indirect heat. I didn't record the temp or time - just cooked them until done.

It worked pretty well, no need to turn them and they were nice and moist. The draw back is I like to sauce them and you really can't get the side on the inside without taking them off.

Having said that it's a neat little tool and I'll use it again.

I'm like Tom, I have two leg racks, very similar to what you have, and I use them on the kettle with indirect heat. I spray the racks first with Pam For the Grill, then I just cook them until there done, probably around an hour maybe a little more. Then I take them out of the rack add sauce to them and then back on the grate for that special carmelization that is so good with chicken.

Back