Chicken Kabobs on the PK360

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
On this particular night, we had were going for something light and healthy but with big flavor for two adults and two teens. I took about 1.5 lbs of bonless skinless chicken breast and sliced it into 0.25" to 0.5" pieces and brined it in about 1 quart of brine made per directions (salt, sugar, water ratio) on the box of Morton's Coarse Kosher salt, I added juice from 1/2 lemon for a little kicker, then I brined the chicken slices for about an hour.

Slicing the chicken in thin peices rather than larger cubes reduces time required for brining. After an hour, I drained as much water as I could off of the chicken, and patted it dry w/paper towels. Then I put it in bowl, and squirted in about 3 TBS of olive oil, and then sprinkled with black pepper and a little cumin. I skewered all the peices thru the flat side, and made 3 kabobs. I brushed on a little more olive oil just before I started grilling to help prevent sticking.

I lit up a chimney and made a two zone fire in the PK and grilled on the hot side, turning every 2 to 3 minutes until I saw a little char all the way around (about 10 minutes), then I moved to the lower heat side and continued to turn for every 2 minutes for a total of 10 minutes to make sure the meat was cooked thru. I use a set of long tongs to grab the meat part of the kabob rather than trying to spin it using the end of the skewer.

The chicken was moist and juicy. We served with Tabuleh. Could have used some hummus and lightly toated pita, but we were trying to keep it simple. How do you like to make kabobs?

Here's the PK all fired up.
IMG-2555.jpg

Here's what the kabobs looked like when they were done (sort of like "medalions" rather than "chunks")

IMG-2557.jpg

Back