Chicken filled wontons and chicken soup

Do you pre-cook the chicken before wrapping them? Another good looking comfort food cook
I ran the chicken through the food processor and then seasoned it. The chicken goes into each wrapper raw and the soup cooks the wontons.

Super filling soup/meal. The best part is frozen wontons so I can makes this again with little to no effort.

If anyone wants the ingredients

1704821395844.jpeg

I recommend after making the fill mixture you take a small amount and microwave it for 12 seconds and taste the mixture for your desired flavor profile. I wound up adding more soy sauce, some salt and a pinch of sugar. Next time I will add chicken bullion powder to the mixture since the wontons are going to be cooked in the soup. This will add more flavor to each wonton.

Overall these were very good. I’ll make them again using this base recipe and add more flavor per my desired profile.

Recipe makes around 50 wontons. You can make ground chicken in a food processor. Just use boneless skinless chicken breasts. You could also add some dark chicken meat too for more flavor.

Back