Chicken Bryan

Mark Orth

TVWBB Member
Hi all. I'm thiking of trying to replicate a Carrabbas dish for dinner tonight, Chicken Bryan. This is a grilled dish but if I'm not mistaken it might be wood-fire grilled as it has that taste to it. I would be using my Weber Smokey Mt Cooker, which can be converted into a charcoal grill. Would regular charcoal, maybe with a wood chunk thrown on be enough or should I try real hardwood charcoal? I only tried that one other time and found lighting it rather frustrating. Alternately, I could use my gas grill with a smoke pouch but that has never seemed adequate to me before. I appreciate your help in advance.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Mark,

I'd go with lump if you have it, or regular charcoal, with a tiny bit of smoke wood. You want it to taste grilled, not smoked.

I frequently replicate a Carrabas dish myself (Tag Pic Pac) and will usually grill it over lump if I have it, but regular Kingsford seems to work fine too.

Mark - if it has that "wood-fire grilled taste", maybe you might try grilling it directly over live fire from burning hardwood chunks (apple, cherry, maple, etc.). I've done that a few times, and the flavor is wonderful.

Just a thought.

Barret

Thanks all.

Don, I didn't have a recipe but all I remember from the dish was the goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes on the breast. The rest of it sounds nice but I'll have to see if I can fit it in. Looking forward to trying the smoker as a grill.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Orth:
This came out FANTASTIC!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pic's or it never happened!
icon_wink.gif

****. I was going to take a pic too but never thought anyone here would demand it. I think I'll be making it again as the wife loved it. I mean it came out PERFECT thanks to Don's providing the recipe.
icon_smile.gif

Back