Cheju Do Bulgogi Sauce

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Here is what the author says:

"The best meat to use with this Korean barbecue sauce is flanken style short ribs. Marinate the meat overnight, drain and boil the marinade for 10 minutes. Baste only during the last 5 minutes of grilling."

Cheju Do Bulgogi Sauce

1 cup soy sauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1" piece ginger, minced
2 TB. sesame oil
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped, green and white parts

1. In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from the heat and add the green onions. Yield: 2 cups

Source: "1,001 Best Grilling Recipes" Rick Browne 2011

Sounds good Joan , I have always seen adding pear finely grated to have the acids break down the meat fibers.
My SIL lives on Cheju Do island great place to visit.
This is a great meal for sure.

Sounds good Joan , I have always seen adding pear finely grated to have the acids break down the meat fibers.
My SIL lives on Cheju Do island great place to visit.
This is a great meal for sure.
Thanks Kevin. I wonder what your SIL would say about this recipe.

So Joan, do you ever cook anything? How about a few pictures? I don’t think you really exist, you have got to be a recipe AI generator!
Hi Timothy, no, I haven't cooked anything for quite a while. I wont bore you with the health reason. DH does a great job of all the cooking.

Here is what the author says:

"The best meat to use with this Korean barbecue sauce is flanken style short ribs. Marinate the meat overnight, drain and boil the marinade for 10 minutes. Baste only during the last 5 minutes of grilling."

Cheju Do Bulgogi Sauce

1 cup soy sauce
1 cup packed brown sugar
3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1" piece ginger, minced
2 TB. sesame oil
1 bunch green onions, finely chopped, green and white parts

1. In a saucepan, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and sesame oil and stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Remove from the heat and add the green onions. Yield: 2 cups

Source: "1,001 Best Grilling Recipes" Rick Browne 2011
That’s kalbi, the best Flanken rib recipe:

Back