Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie

BrianCal

TVWBB Pro
Tried this last night - AMAZING.

Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie​

A crispy, soft Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie! Layers of cookie dough and cheesecake is the ultimate dessert for cheesecake/cookie lovers! ORIGINAL CAFE DELITES © RECIPE!

Prep Time 5 mins
Cook Time 40 mins
Total Time 45 mins

Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American
Servings: 16 SERVES
Calories: 230kcal
Author: Karina

Ingredients​

CHEESECAKE FILLING:​

• 8 ounces | 250 grams cream cheese
  • 1/3 cup powdered sweetener or powdered sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

COOKIE DOUGH:​

• 1/2 cup light butter (or your spread of choice), softened
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar or a natural sweetener
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 1/2 cups flour (plain or all purpose)
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/3 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup dark/semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions​

• Preheat oven to 175c | 350° F. Line a 8-inch cast iron skillet (or pie dish) with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
  • In small bowl, prepare cheesecake filling first. Beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla with a beater until smooth. Set aside.
  • In a large bowl, combine the butter, sweetener/sugar and vanilla, and whisk until light and creamy. Add the egg and whisk again until combined. Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix the dry ingredients into the wet with your hands to form a dough. If you find the dough too wet, add in a tablespoon extra flour at a time until a cookie dough is formed (a dough you can form into a ball and hold in your hands). Fold in 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips.
  • Press half of the cookie dough evenly into the bottom of the skillet (or pie dish) to form a base. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough. With remaining cookie dough, press tablespoon-sized dough in the palms of your hands and place them over the cream cheese mixture until fully covered (they will look like patches but will smooth over while baking). Sprinkle the top with remaining chocolate chips.
  • Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and firm to the touch. Cool for 30 minutes to an hour and refrigerate for at least 2 hours until chilled OR serve warm.
  • Cut into 16 slices. Can be stored in the refrigerator.

Nutrition​

Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 125mg | Potassium: 101mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 350IU | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1.3mg

Didn't get a pic in the skillet, but here is the one remaining slice. Might need to practice getting the three layers even but the taste was fantastic

Cheesecake cookie_20211031_204845388.jpg

Attachments

• Cheesecake cookie_20211031_204845388.jpg
    Cheesecake cookie_20211031_204845388.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
I was looking over the recipe and said to myself "I don't want this, all that butter and sugar - too fattening." Then I saw the picture and downloaded the recipe.

I was looking over the recipe and said to myself "I don't want this, all that butter and sugar - too fattening." Then I saw the picture and downloaded the recipe.

She does have some low carb or Keto recipes as well (not the desserts of course)......but we've tried a few of her recipes and all are good

Back