Check Out Today's Marketplace Haul...

Dave Maze

TVWBB Member
So this popped up on Marketplace this morning. 6 Weber Grills for $100...some work, some don't. Okay, that peaked my interest. I let them know I'll take them, and then have to figure out how to get them since they were about 40 minutes from my house. I get there and the guy selling them buys and flips EVERYTHING for a living. Works hard and apparently makes a great living doing it. The county has been "getting on his case" about all the stuff in his backyard, so something had to go. He said that something was his collection of grills he was planning on fixing eventually. Tells me he'll give me all 6 along with a bunch of assorted grates (about 1/4 of them fit the grills I currently have) and will help me load and deliver them for an extra 20 bucks. My wife is thrilled. Anyway, what do you guys think? I haven't really tested things out yet and definitely have my work cut out for me, but I think I got my hundred bucks worth with this haul :LOL:

Attachments

• All 6 Grills.jpg
    All 6 Grills.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Assorted Grates of All Kinds.jpg
    Assorted Grates of All Kinds.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Grill 1 front.jpg
    Grill 1 front.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Grill 1 Inside.jpg
    Grill 1 Inside.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 61
  • Grill 2 Front.jpg
    Grill 2 Front.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Grill 2 Inside.jpg
    Grill 2 Inside.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Grill 3 Front.jpg
    Grill 3 Front.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Grill 3 Inside.jpg
    Grill 3 Inside.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Grill 3 Side Panel.jpg
    Grill 3 Side Panel.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 55
  • Grill 4 Front.jpg
    Grill 4 Front.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 54
Today's Haul Continued...this is going to keep me busy for a while. I welcome any comments or ideas!

Attachments

• Grill 4 Inside.jpg
    Grill 4 Inside.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 18
  • Grill 5 Front.jpg
    Grill 5 Front.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Grill 5 Inside.jpg
    Grill 5 Inside.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Grill 6 Front.jpg
    Grill 6 Front.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Grill 6 Inside.jpg
    Grill 6 Inside.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 17
I would very much like to see a picture of you cooking on all of these at once, Dave!!! ;)

As long as your wife doesn't become homicidal, I'd say you got yourself a bit of a deal there for $120! ;)

R

Hoping I won't have them all for long! After looking at them, I think I should be able to sell 3 without too much work, the red and blue ones will be projects and one will be used for parts. We'll see I guess!

Yep, you got some rehab canditates there as well as some parts grills. But, bottom line is that you certainly have a great deal.

I really like that blue Genesis E310 lid.

The E-310 blue lid is sharp! I got mine last summer and had the blue doors as well. The brushed stainless doors would look good too. The black, not so much and I tried that first.

Yeah I love that lid. Unfortunately the lower cabinet has a good deal of rust though so the doors don't attach anymore. That grill actually works really well. If I could figure out a way to take the bottom off, add some wood and put new wheels on it would be great. That's all easier said than done though. Most of the grills actually fired up (with a lighter of course). The ignitor worked on the Spirit. My personal favorite is the red head, but it really needs a ton of work. I actually have a Genesis II E310...wonder if I could switch the blue lid with that one...

Yeah I love that lid. Unfortunately the lower cabinet has a good deal of rust though so the doors don't attach anymore. That grill actually works really well. If I could figure out a way to take the bottom off, add some wood and put new wheels on it would be great. That's all easier said than done though. Most of the grills actually fired up (with a lighter of course). The ignitor worked on the Spirit. My personal favorite is the red head, but it really needs a ton of work. I actually have a Genesis II E310...wonder if I could switch the blue lid with that one...
I think there is a thread where someone replaced the bottom and side panels with wood.
Also, I am almost positive the Genesis II lid WILL NOT fit the older E310 grill and vice versa.

Darn...thanks Bruce. Yeah I think it might have been Kyle? Made it for his dad or something? Looked absolutely beautiful, but lots of work. Probably too much work for something I'd be flipping.

Well, here's where I'm at so far with this. Sold one silver (pic below) for $150 and have another almost ready to go. Used the third silver for parts for them so I only had to purchase igniters for them. Wasn't able to do much with the Spirit so just broke it down for parts. Keeping the Gen 1100 for now even though it needs a lot of work...I kind of like the older look of that grill and might just fix it up and keep it. And then finally was able to find another Genesis 310 today for $50...not much to look at but the frame was pretty solid which was what I wanted for the Blue 310. Broke them both down, combined the best pieces and came up with what you see below. Not too shabby. Thinking I'll ask $225 for it. Not a bad return on my $150 (including the grill I bought today) investment, and I had some fun doing it!

Attachments

• Silver Rehab.jpg
    Silver Rehab.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 24
  • New Improved Blue Genesis 310.jpg
    New Improved Blue Genesis 310.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 24
Depending on whats under the hood and inside the cabinet, that Blue E310 could be worth a lot more than $225. IMO

Depending on whats under the hood and inside the cabinet, that Blue E310 could be worth a lot more than $225. IMO
You think so Bruce? Man...that would be nice. I'm going to clean the grease tray, bars and grates tomorrow and then I'll post a few shots of the inside so you can tell me what you think.

Dave:
Looks almost like mine. If you don't have a go to grill, I'd keep it and work on the rust to keep it in check the best you can even though you got some good ones in the stable . I don't think you'll get that price since it isn't new and has rust issues. If they know Webers, perhaps since the blue isn't too common. Also, everyone seems to want gleaming SS these days. I hope Bruce is right!

Well, yah, if there is rust and it isn't mitigated, then that will kill the sale price. But a well restored E3xx grill is easily worth $350.

I sold a blue E310 in April for $300 and it had some rust in the cabinet and a frame post where it was not level. The blue is an eye catcher for sure.

Back