Charlotte Craigslist 18" WSM

I picked it up yesterday afternoon! I can't figure out what year it is, there are no letters stamped on any of the vents. The handle is an original handle but does not have the weber logo. The gentleman told me it came out of his father-in-law's barn and was purchased in the early 1980's. It has really never been used, it is basically brand new!

I picked it up yesterday afternoon! I can't figure out what year it is, there are no letters stamped on any of the vents. The handle is an original handle but does not have the weber logo. The gentleman told me it came out of his father-in-law's barn and was purchased in the early 1980's. It has really never been used, it is basically brand new!

Congrats to you! I have been wanting to get a Smokey Mountain so I am a bit disappointed you beat me to it ;)

Vernon - please post some pics - this sounds like an extremely rare WSM - one that Chris and or WKC would feature as a truly great find!

OK, I will post some over the weekend! Heading over to Clemson for the opener! I think I may have found and "A" on one of the bottom vents, need to scrub a little dirt off!

Got it cleaned up and it's in great shape! Once I got handle cleaned up it did have Weber on it. I was still not able to find any letters on top or bottom vents. What I thought was as "A" on one of the vents turned out just to be grime on a scratch. Any thoughts on the age? Thanks!
Vernon

Back