Charcoal Tongs & Rake - Weber Kettle Grill

Wilmer Cogburn

TVWBB Member
I need to get a nice set of tongs and a rake for use with the performer.

I know Weber has their rake and I am considering it.

What about actual tongs to grip a smoldering coal and place it into a basket etc? I would like something that has long handles. The metal food tongs are one thought but there has to be something a bit more robust. I found a few that look to be possible candidates. One has +15" tongs but the other is around 12"

I wear gloves and use a garden trowel if I have quite a bit “over fall” when emptying the chimney and tongs for more delicate placement. My wife got me some Chinese black iron ”coal tongs” that are really nice. Don’t remember where she found them but I’m fairly sure they were from Amazon. Very convenient!
Just looked at your link and yes! The first ones are what she got me! They are heavy enough to do the job but light enough to be fairly “non taxing” on your hand.
Hey Chris, I’ll say add those to the “store”!

Tongs are so important. I have several sets of these. Only tongs I'll use now.

Babish 12” & 9” Locking Kitchen Tong Set, Stainless Steel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08WJRXY2W?tag=tvwb-20

The long ones are thick and strong enough to actually lift even my Summit Kamado 24" heavy gauge grate. Can easily move full char baskets as well. I use the short ones for food.

I bought some of these a while back - probably on your recommendation. I really like them, and use one for the kitchen also.

Back