Charcoal Sales Have Begun

Mark Dawson

TVWBB Member
Just picked up a few bags of "green bag" Royal Oak Steakhouse Lump Charcoal at Menards for $3.97. That is the lowest I've ever seen them sell it. Regular price is $4.64. Sale ends Memorial Day.

Lee: Our local Menards stores have been carrying the green bags for year or more. NakedWiz has a review on their website. I don't know what is different between this and the orange bag lump. I've had good luck with both but the green bag is consistently cheaper in my area and more convenient since I know of only one store that carries the orange bagged lump.

Paul: I didn't see any regular RO briquettes around last night. They are not listed in the Menards weekly ad at menards.com so I'm guessing they are still at the regular price. Give the lump a try. At this price it can't be beat. It's like getting every sixth bag free.
Lately I've been going through more than a bag per week so I will likely lay in a big supply before this sale ends.

Big fan of the RO lump. Currently, i'm working through a couple 40# bags of Frontier from Sam's, which I am very happy with. It was $14 for the Fronteir, and the bag seems to be bottomless, which is another advantage. I'll have to check on the RO though, especially for traveling, the giant fronteir bags are a pain to lug around.

I bought my first bag of RO lump orange bag in quite a while. I bought an egg and hadn't a chance to get to my hump lump supplier. I have gone through about half the bag of RO and am very surprised at the extra large pieces I have had. I have burnt quite a few bags of RO lump before I found my humphries supplier, but don't remember ever having that many pieces of extra large coal.

Just read on the Fatwallet site that Lowes is going to have a BOGO sale on Kingsford. No price listed, just an early heads up that it's going to happen.

Ron,
Do you have a date for Loewes BOGO sale? I am running low but may stretch it out if I can make the sale.
Lance

Lance,

No date yet, should start next week some time. As soon as I see a date I'll post it here.

Thanks

i would guess the sale will run from this sunday to tuesday after memorial day. that was the way it was at lowes and HD last year

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ron B:
According to Fatwallet, Home Depot is going to be at $9.97 for 2 20 lb bags.

Still no dates. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Home Depot Starts tomorrow (5/27).

Lowes begins today, buy-one-get-one free for the 16.6lb bags ($8.48).

Pathmark (grocery store for you non TriStaters) has Kingsford 16 lb for $7.99, not great at all, BUT if you buy two bags you get free KC Masterpiece sauce and $4.00 off any fresh meat item. Not bad for picking up a TT.
naughty.gif

Also Sweet Baby Rays sauce is 5 for $5.
chef.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Derek L.:
Pathmark (grocery store for you non TriStaters) has Kingsford 16 lb for $7.99, not great at all, BUT if you buy two bags you get free KC Masterpiece sauce and $4.00 off any fresh meat item. Not bad for picking up a TT.
naughty.gif

Also Sweet Baby Rays sauce is 5 for $5.
chef.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds quite similar to the famous $6 off printable Kingsford coupon from last year. Is this a coupon item and if so, where did you find it?

OSH has an 18lb bag of Rancher for $4.98. Plus if you print off the coupon from their website, that's only good for this weekend, you can save an additional 15% from your purchase.

My local Fareway had Steakhouse charcoal on sale, so I bought 20 bags of it for $100 total. The wife was not pleased, but she did like the huge "tower" of charcoal that is now stacked in my garage.

Back