Charcoal sale?

Bill S. 75

TVWBB Member
Has anyone seen or heard of a charcoal sale this weekend, other than the Stubb's at Costco that was discussed earlier?

I picked up three 15# bags of Stubb's briquettes from Lowes for $21.24 (with military discount). Anytime I am cooking for less than .50 per lb I'm happy.

My Costco doesn't seem to carry Stubb's (at least not since I got my WSM and actually started to pay attention to that kind of stuff), but they are having a sale on K-Comp-- two 18 pound bags for $15.69.

My kids went camping took to 20 pound bags of the Blue. I used one today and am down to only one bag left. I will be paying $9 a bag after next weekend!

Home Depot has the 2 x 20lbs packs of Kingsford for $13 right now. ($7 off)

I bought 4 of the double pack from Home Depot yesterday and today I stopped by Lowes to buy the Kingsford charcoal Caddie and the gal I spoke to said that she saw the next weeks flyer and did not see the normal sale that they do.

Walmart this Sunday (6/30/13) also has a sale on the same two 15 lbs Kingsford bag for 7.98. Pound for pound, this is cheaper than the Home Depot deal.

Back