CGI opinion... what do you think...?

Frank in Colorado

TVWBB Super Fan
I happen to be watching a movie titled "We Go in at Dawn." It is a WWII setting, whose story line is that of trying to recapture back from the Axis a major planner of the Normandy Invasion. A semi-historical drama of the ilk that I enjoy watching. That aside...

There is a scene that did not seem correct. As an architect, details of the built environment is an aspect on which I often focus. The snip below seems as if it perhaps it is CFI generated in which the guard house was attached onto an actual building.

The lines of the black-white-red where it meet the brick are too perfect; the angles of the roof shake where it meets the masonry are too crisp. The roof ridge of the shack meets the corner of the brick which, even by today's standards, is a difficult detail.

The scene last for only about 6 seconds, but what a distraction of trying to force a built structure that would not actually be built in the real world.

What say you? If you agree with me you will concur in that I get another bourbon and just watch the rest of the movie.
(Yes, I watch with subtitles, especially films with British accents.)

1613870824627.png

Back