Cast iron pizza on the kettle for the first time

JimZ

TVWBB Super Fan
Did 2 cast iron pizzas on the two grills last night. Learned that the coals need to banked on the sides not under the pans waaaay to hot. Was still good just burned a little.

Attachments

• F70D2DBA-AC33-4FA7-A0DC-78ACF5582ABB.jpeg
    F70D2DBA-AC33-4FA7-A0DC-78ACF5582ABB.jpeg
    156.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 843864A7-F5B8-47C3-985B-33109AB36564.jpeg
    843864A7-F5B8-47C3-985B-33109AB36564.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 60
Looks good, Jim! Even after all the pizzas I've cooked over the years, I've never done one in cast iron......need to try that!

R

They look great, Jim! My son is addicted to those. It's the only pizza he will eat now.

BTW, I love what you did with your Performer there...how do you like the change?

They look great, Jim! My son is addicted to those. It's the only pizza he will eat now.

BTW, I love what you did with your Performer there...how do you like the change?
I love the wood vs the broken plastic one I had. The problem with the plastic is it’s not strong enough to pick the grill up and that’s why they break. I just edge glued some scraps I had left from previous projects. Multiple clear coats with varathane. It cleans up easy. I do keep it covered when not in use.

I love the wood vs the broken plastic one I had. The problem with the plastic is it’s not strong enough to pick the grill up and that’s why they break. I just edge glued some scraps I had left from previous projects. Multiple clear coats with varathane. It cleans up easy. I do keep it covered when not in use.
I think it looks beautiful like that. Got me thinking now...

Back