Carne Asada in Canada eh

Gary S

TVWBB Guru
Carne Asada drumsticks well maybe just in Canada eh? I know they're meant for thin cuts but decided I wanted to cook up some stuff that's been in the freezer awhile. I've been on my own this week so don't have to make it pretty. Anyway had some extra Nomex and decided to put it on the lid of my new to me 18" kettle. I hate (pet peeve) smoke outta places where it shouldn't! Anyway came home this afternoon for a bit and took out a package of drums we've had in the freezer for too long and quickly hunted for a marinade. http://bbq.about.com/od/marinaderecipes/r/ble30903g.htm

With everybody into Carne Asada thought I'd try at least the marinade. I had enough time for it to work with poultry, 4 hours. Not sure they intended it for drumsticks but...oh well. Put the last bit of Nomex I had on the lid of the 18 and lit 2/3rds of a small chimney of R/O Plus.
Here are the photos. Once I hit 300, I smoked with Cherry...the temps hung in at 300 for almost 2 hours! The flavor was awesome. These kettles are capable of a lot more than grilling!
IMG_0334_zps466e6c92.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0339_zpsa3722adc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0340_zps4ee8bdc1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0342_zps9ae34210.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yeah , those look really good , man. Are those wine corks stuck in your vent holes? Little temp control there , eh?

Back