Can't smoke

Pete Kuncis

WSM over there in the back. Kettle looking out of commission for a while too.
icon_frown.gif

IMG_0568.jpg

Pete, Welcome to the world of BBQ & Weber, & WSM, And SNOW!. hmmmmmmmmm YOUR YARD DOES POSE SOME CHALLENGES!

Got a snow shovel?
At least the Webers weather well.

See ya in the spring!

Looks like you should have moved them before you shoveled the roof.

You've got ice dam issues too. Better get the attic insulated a little better.

Now break out the shovels and free those beautiful Weber cookers!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Clark "Harbormaster" Hodgson:
Looks like you should have moved them before you shoveled the roof.

You've got ice dam issues too. Better get the attic insulated a little better.

Now break out the shovels and free those beautiful Weber cookers! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way too sore after doing the roof. May try to dig so I can open the patio door tomorrow. I had to climb through the window to get inside.

Regarding the dams, it has been the winter we've had. Every single house in New England has them this winter. Not an insulation issue, just the type of winter we've had (75" of snow in 6 weeks).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Flame thrower. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm ready. Up to six hundred on trying to clear the roof and water dripping in the walls!!!
icon_frown.gif

Pete, used to live up on the North Shore. I live in a more "temperate" clime now
icon_biggrin.gif
. They shut down the city here when they have 5" of snow. Your picture brings back memories.

Yikes Pete! Talk about an avalanche.
icon_biggrin.gif

I did the same thing Thursday on my roof ( 4 ft drifts on a tri-level ) but I keep my Webys in my garage so they are always good to go.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Any-hew, whats that blue handled thingy sticking out of your snow bank? Looks a lot like my telescoping pool pole, but was just curious if you were able to score a roof rake before the demand went nuts.
Now regarding your ice dam, it might be an insulation issue, but IME it's usually a lack of proper soffit to ridge ventilation. But there is a catch to that, even if you had continuous ridge-soffit- vents installed, the amount of snow that you received in a short period will quickly clog your ridge vent,which is basically your exhaust to vent warm air out of your attic. So what happens is the warm air which is trapped will slowly melt the snow at the roof deck or shingle line, which causes water to run down under the snow until it hits your soffit or overhang which is cold ( and uninsulated ) and the water will quickly freeze, which causes ice dams.
And it doesn't look like you have gutters mounted on your back elevation, so I wouldn't be to worried about water working its way back up under your starter course.
Hey I hope that makes sense, cause I'm sick as a dog and between the beer and some red stag I do kind of ramble a bit when it comes to home improvement.
icon_rolleyes.gif

HTH

Tim

My heart goes out to you Pete. I envy those guys with a carport or similar. I'm thinking of building a little addition to my roof out back to make smoking easier in snow, rain, etc.

Back