Can you smoke a hot dog or a hamburger ?

Offcourse you can! All you need is a dry burger/hot dog and a pipe
icon_wink.gif

I think if you wanna have some decent smoke flavour in a burger just add some wood and grill it with a lid and you will be fine.

Yes you can.Burgers I just cook direct with some chips thrown on the coals. Never smoked a dog but it's just a sausage so I don't see a problem.

Burger's are awesome when smoked, hot fire all vents open, chunk of wood and start cooking, done in about 30-45 mins using the wsm.

Steve, I tried and they were fine - tasty, smokey and very juicy. However, I missed the hot-grill char and texture one normally gets from a grilled burger. I'll be grilling mine in the future, and save the smoking for other things. I cooked a little low (200-250) so you may get better results @ 300-350.

I got the idea & recipe from the cookbook Low & Slow.

As for smoking regular hot dogs, I usually just throw a few on the top grate of my WSM when I'm cooking something else and leave them on for an hour or so. They come out nice, juicy and with a slight smokey taste. Works real well.

I'll piggyback on Bob's response. I frequently grill burgers, chicken and steaks with some chips or a chunk thrown right on the coals. If you're using a gasser, soak your chips and put 'em in a foil packet with some holes poked in it. Then throw that packet right on top of one of the burners.

Like Chris, if the smoker is going and I get hungry, some hot dogs have been known to fall on the top grate and end up tasting great.

Mike

Back