Can we update our old 18" with new parts?

Todd J

Is it possible to update the previous 18" with parts from the new model? Specifically, the door, the lid thermometer, the legs or the water pan. Does anyone have the part numbers required or know if these will fit?

The legs are easy just go to Home Depot and get some 1-1/2" aluminum flat stock and bend it. Real cheap.
Picture602.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert High:
I was interested in installing the heat shield. Do you think it would help in heat loss? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Weber told me there could be a modest reduction in heat loss as a result of the heat shield, as it helps radiate some heat back toward the charcoal bowl.

Chris

I needed new bottom dampers, so I added a new style door to my order and it fits perfectly. The knob is great. Not sure if the modification to the bottom of the door is a plus or minus???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danmarks:
What's the heat shield look like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>It's a modified ash catcher from a kettle grill. You can see a photo here (you can't click this link, you'll have to copy/paste it into your browser address line):

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">www.virtualweberbullet.com/22wsm_photos/DSC01788-01.jpg</pre>

Regards,
Chris

Back