Can Performer be assembled in reverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod Duley

TVWBB Member
I tried searching but found no answer. What I would like to know is can a performer be set up to have access to the ash pan, air control lever, and gas assist from the right (opposite) side? The location on my patio where mine is placed is more open to the right side and is contrained access from the left. Can the one touch system be rotated to accomodate? Does this make any sense? It seems all performers are designed to be accessed from the left side. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hot Rod

Rod, I'm pretty sure that you could do this. I just attached the ash catching assembly to my new (to me) Performer to replace the one that was missing, and it seems that I could have easily rotated the whole thing as you suggest with no issues. On my Performer, the rod that controls the sweeping action of the one-touch system is removable, and could be inserted through its hole from the other side.

If you have a Performer, you could check to make sure yours appears to have the same kind of parts. If you are thinking of buying one, take a look at the manual on the weber.com site. Pretty sure you could assemble it how you want.

R

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rod Duley:
What I would like to know is can a performer be set up to have access to the ash pan, air control lever, and gas assist from the right (opposite) side? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it can. JiveTurkey over at the BBQ Brethren set up his Performer this way.

Thanks guy's for the replies. That is an interesting post by JiveTurkey. I have one of the newer (non stainless) models but i'll try at least to do the rotation of the one touch system. It would be nice to get the gas assist on the left also. I'll study this a little more.

thanks again.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back