Cajon Bandit

I'm trying to see about ordering a 18.5 cajon bandit Stacker kit. They say that their out of stock. Are these people out of business ?? It would be about my luck if they are.

Welcome here.

It would seem to me they are not out of business; they show available inventory of various items and it looks like they are accepting orders. If I were in your shoes I'd contact them directly regarding the Stacker so that you can have accurate info from the horse's mouth.

I went to order a rotiss ring and it also showed OOS.
Could be a supply issue with SS sheets.
All of the Stainless Steel is being shipped to South-South-West Texas, along the coast.... ;)
j/k
- corrections made -

Last edited:
Welcome here.

It would seem to me they are not out of business; they show available inventory of various items and it looks like they are accepting orders. If I were in your shoes I'd contact them directly regarding the Stacker so that you can have accurate info from the horse's mouth.
Yes sir, I did just that. And they are in business. I talked with the owner for about 10 Min. Seemed like a nice man, and was trying to help.

Found the extra Stainless Steel rings....
Unfortunately, they're a bit oversized...
52253 Boca Chica Blvd., Brownsville, TX.

So that no one takes my statements wrong....
I am an ardent Cajon Bandit user !
A very top notch organization !

Last edited:
Canadian buyers Beware. I just ordered a SS door for my 18.5" WSM for $60 USD, plus $35 USD shipping. With exchange, that's $126 C$. Then the Border guys got involved and dinged me another C$32 for import duty. So now the door for my WSM that should prevent leakage (unlike the crap piece of tinfoil supplied by Weber) has now cost me C$158. Caveat emptor.

Canadian buyers Beware. I just ordered a SS door for my 18.5" WSM for $60 USD, plus $35 USD shipping. With exchange, that's $126 C$. Then the Border guys got involved and dinged me another C$32 for import duty. So now the door for my WSM that should prevent leakage (unlike the crap piece of tinfoil supplied by Weber) has now cost me C$158. Caveat emptor.
There's nothing wrong with the Weber door.

Weber knew what they were doing when they made that door. The shells are not perfectly round. They are easily deformed by just banging into something or even hitting it with your palm of your hand or fist.

Take a little time bend your Weber door as close as you can by hand, then glue a nomex gasket strip on there with high temperature silicone..... Put a little dab of the silicone in the corners at the bottom where it leaks because it can't fit perfect...... And you will not have any problems unless you take it off and step on it. At least on the 18. I agree that the 22-in the door seems a lot harder to fit because it is so much bigger, But it works great on the 18. You can see my gaskets don't leak.

What do you even need the door for anyway? Seriously?

The Cajun bandit door actually does not seal any better than the Weber. It has large gaps at the bottom because the bend is not made sharp enough in the stainless. The stiff stainless will actually flex the shell of the Weber and you will hear your porcelain grinding and cracking every time you open and close it. The hard stainless will grind the porcelain off the metal in the opening where it rubs at the bottom But hey, enjoy.

Attachments

• PXL_20220916_164009159.jpg
    PXL_20220916_164009159.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Back