Cabinet Mods to Genesis II?

Steve Feller

TVWBB Member
My 8yo SS335 gave up the ghost - firebox at front warped out about an inch beyond lid. Replaced last weekend with SE-335. Lights well and cooks well... seems to warm more quickly than the old. I kind of like the the drip pan approach, although it reduces storage. What I HATE is the face that the cabinet sides are not complete and rain comes on through the opening and gets inside. Has anyone modified the cabinet to close that opening on each side? Looked on Weber and don't see any after market parts. Thanks! Steve

My 8yo SS335 gave up the ghost - firebox at front warped out about an inch beyond lid. Replaced last weekend with SE-335. Lights well and cooks well... seems to warm more quickly than the old. I kind of like the the drip pan approach, although it reduces storage. What I HATE is the face that the cabinet sides are not complete and rain comes on through the opening and gets inside. Has anyone modified the cabinet to close that opening on each side? Looked on Weber and don't see any after market parts. Thanks! Steve
The openings are most likely for airflow in my opinion. Older cabinet models have vents.

Yah, if you block up the airflow too much, you will have a rust problem show up in short order inside the cabinet. Rain getting in isn't good though either. Probably better off with a cover.

Back