C/L Score - Performer SS

Jasper

TVWBB Member
Hi, All.
I just joined and wanted to post my recent C/L score. :cool:

I had a charbroil 26" kettle grill for the last 8 years and it was time to replace. My son accidentally backed the car into it and
bent the axle and broke a wheel. I was planning on fixing it until I saw this one on C/L, and just couldn't resist. Any-who, Weber is the best, right?

I bought it from a family that lived nearby. Apparently they had another grill and no longer needed this one. I got it for $30 !!

A performer SS with gas ignition. Weber code, DD (2000). Also, came with an extra set of wire charcoal baskets. The SS table top is a little bent from some careless movers, but other than that appears to be in great shape. I don't think it was used much. The paint looks good and the top wheel vent is still kinda stiff like brand new.

I'm happy I found this forum and been reading lots of great threads. Looking forward to sharing my experiences soon.

I'm currently cleaning it up a little to be ready to cook tomorrow.

Can someone confirm the color? Looks kinda like a burgundy.

Thanks.
Jasper

SDC12947.jpg

SDC12952.jpg

SDC12948.jpg

SDC12951.jpg

SDC12949.jpg

SDC12950.jpg

Last edited:
Jasper...How about Viking Purple....just kidding...I have no idea. What I do know is that is not Brick Red! Welcome to the site!

Hey, guys.
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Jim, that looks like mine except yours has those super cool wood handles.

The grill has been cleaned. I got the meat seasoned in fridge and marinating for tomorrow. I'll try to post some pics of her in action.

Thanks again.
Jasper

Terry, thanks for the tip. I may reward myself with a new wood handle someday.

I got a chance to play with the new toy today. At first, I thought I would miss the extra cooking space I had with my old 26" charbroil, but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. First, I loaded-up the performer with 27 drumsticks. Followed-up with 4 extra large pork loin chops and 5 Brats, and had room to spare. And finally some hamburgers.

Overall, the performer provided me with a more enjoyable grilling experience than I ever had before. I like having the lid holder, side table and a place to hang my tools. Also, the thermometer came in handy too. It help me keep the temperature consistent while cooking. I'm looking forward to trying the gas ignition and indirect cooking some day.

The wife says the food was good, and the grill makes me look professional. Made me smile. :D

Here's a few pics. Have a happy and safe Labor Day, everyone.

Thanks.
Jasper

SDC12953.jpg

SDC12962.jpg

SDC12967.jpg

SDC12969.jpg

Last edited:
Love the color!! 8 years on a CB kettle aint bad...of course you have made a major step up and with a little care this could be a life time kettle!!

Love the color!! 8 years on a CB kettle aint bad...of course you have made a major step up and with a little care this could be a life time kettle!!

Yea, the CB served me well, only a couple broken handles, and they sent me free replacements, but I think I will enjoy the Performer much more for years to come.

Jasper if you need any handles just drop me a note. Did you have the Propane tank for your grill?

Brain,
no tank, unfortunately, and from what I've read the 5# tanks are hard to come by, huh?
I have a 20# tank in the garage, but I would need an adapter for that.
I'll keep you in mind about the handles. I may need a couple. I have a weber portable as well.

Small world, I moved up to Minnesota from Bartlett 8 years ago.
Went to church in Elgin and have lots of friends there.

Thanks.

Jasper

Jasper I have a tank and all the other parts hose,flame rube, maybe we can work something out? PM me my address is in my profile. I also have a table top that is not bent.
Great grill and great first cook,looks like you have enough for me. Congrats on the find,keep the photos coming.

That is a great bargain ya got!! Love the color and it likes like you didn't have that big of a project to get her cleaned up!!

Welcome Jasper...you should be ashamed $30...wow what a deal.I know you like it now,but wait til you get the gas assist going.

Welcome Jasper...you should be ashamed $30...wow what a deal.I know you like it now,but wait til you get the gas assist going.

Thanks, Glen.
Yea, I was blessed.
I was browsing C/L and managed to catch this one
minutes after it was posted. The seller only lived minutes away from me.
No haggling over the price either. I think they just wanted a quick sell to free up space.
Jasper

Jasper I have a tank and all the other parts hose,flame rube, maybe we can work something out? PM me my address is in my profile. I also have a table top that is not bent.
Great grill and great first cook,looks like you have enough for me. Congrats on the find,keep the photos coming.

Update. Special thanks to Kevin for selling me a propane tank and helping me fix the dent in the SS top. My performer is now complete with working gas ignition, and I'm even more happier with it. :cool:

SDC12973.jpg

SDC12974.jpg

SDC12976.jpg

SDC12977.jpg

Back