C-Bind

Dustin Dorsey

TVWBB Hall of Fame
I tried out some c-bind for the first time. It's a binder made from carrot fiber. The instructions say to use it at 1% to 2%. I saw a Chud video where he said .5%. I tried it out at .5% and it did a fantastic job. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it out. It was a another Chud video where I first learned about using dry milk powder. The binders definitely improved my sausage.

Last edited:
This is the sausage I used the C-bind in.

Cut up pork butt. Seasoned with thyme, cayenne, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cure #1.

Got the LEM grinder set up.

Grinding.

Stuffing. I finally got some casings from Making Casing and these are absolutely a massive step up from the home packs I was buying from The Smoker Maker on amazon..

Links

On the WSM for a warm smoke.

Finished product.

I tried some again last night smoked indirect on the kettle. This might be one of my best sausages. Very juicy. I'll try to get pics the next time I slice some up.

They look amazing. I bought some sausages a few weeks ago from a guy at the farmers market. Best I ever had. Went back to get more and he was gone. The guy in the next stall said he took his RV and went off for 3 weeks. Should come back for a weeks or so, and the market ends at the end of the month. I will stock up as I am not quite ready to dive into making my own yet.

I tried out some c-bind for the first time. It's a binder made from carrot fiber. The instructions say to use it at 1% to 2%. I saw a Chud video where he said .5%. I tried it out at .5% and it did a fantastic job. I was just wondering if anyone else has tried it out. It was a another Chud video where I first learned about using dry milk powder. The binders definitely improved my sausage.

I have never used a binder, yet after reading this thread I did some homework & I found a lot of favorable reviews especially on the carrot version.
I just ordered from the link provided, time will only tell!

The advantage over milk powder is not having to add so much of it. Milk powder can be had at any supermarket though. I've still got things to tweak but my sausage keeps getting better and better.

Well, I just learned that the milk powder at the store isn't the right kind. Supposedly you need "high temp milk powder"

Back