Butterflied Leg o' Lamb, Hickory Roasted

Jerome D.

TVWBB All-Star
Hi everyone! I've been away from TVWBB for the past several weeks, as I haven't done any grilling due to a combination of (1) the flu, (2) various injuries due to shoveling snow, and (3) business travel. I had a boneless leg of lamb that was sitting in the fridge, and I decided to smoke-roast it on the Performer. I used Wicked Good Lump with a couple hickory chunks, and cooked the lamb at ~300°F until medium doneness. Truth be told, I was a little disappointed with the results because the lamb - despite the flavor being fine - was actually pretty tough. This was one of those cooks where it looks better than it tasted. Oh well, it's good to be back here.

The leg ready to be butterflied...

Seasoned with the "BBQ University Rub" from one of Steven Raichlen's books...

Action shot...

The meat resting after coming off the grill...

Cutaway view...

I know what you mean =)
But anyways , looks very good.
BTW What kinda knife is that ? Looks like a good one.

Peter

Look really good! I have been wanting to try Lamb but its exspensive and I dont even know if I will like it. Heard many say its good and many say they don't like.

My Mexican friend made it (he said it was Sheep) in a red broth in a big pot one time at a party. It was so good! The next day everybody was sippin the broth with some hot sauce in it for their hang over.

Back