Butt Rub

Bad Byrons Butt Rub from http://www.buttrub.com

has anyone tried this rub..ive seen them on so many comps on tv that id figure id give it a shot.. has anyone used this...and how do you like it and how does it compare with the #2 rub from texasbbqrub.com thanks

Mords

I tried it once. Threw the rest of the bottle out. We did not like it.
icon_frown.gif

Mord I have tried it and I really like it. I just ordered a 1 1/2 lbs figured it was the best buy yhat way. I use on everything. Refer back to my thread on First Pork Smoke and youi can see the pictures I posted it thats what i used. I did find out if you don't like to hot use it moderately. It can sneak up on ya.

gary, been looking for that thread and cant find it in the search neware.....

but thanks for your response
will take it easy if i do get it....

Its all I've used on my first smokes (only three) and everyone thought it was great. Don't really have a frame of reference since it is all I've used to date but just placed an order from TexasBBQrub and will let you know.

well i can tell you that the texas bbqrub is great....if you just bought blend thats up on the site go on and emial then telling them you want a sample of #2 rub.. it was devised for brisket but its really good on everything as well.. emial or call them before you shippment goes out and you will get one pound for free

thanks for your info though

We really enjoyed the DIZZY DUST from Dizzy Pig BBQ Rubs! nice variety of flavors.

I'm wondering which rub to use on this fresh wild Hawaiian boar pork butt that's attacking my Taro patch...

Aloha!

Greg

4509615258.jpg

I have tried it, and found it quite good. As with most sto' bought condiments (BBQ Sauce, rubs, etc), I find it best to doctor it up to individual tastes. Personally, I like to add cumin and turbinado sugar to it, and use it on butts that have been slathered with mustard.

I have met the principals when they were on a promotional tour of Birmingham supermarkets and found them nice, sincere, hardworking folks.

I think it is well worth a try for you.

Good Luck!

I've tried it and a few people think its too hot & spicy. He uses a pepper in it that eve I think is a wee bit hot. Just for the heck of it I tried it on ribs and brought them to work. To me, and my co-workers, Byrons Butt Rub seems to work better on ribs than butts.

As far as contests go, I've seen Bad Byron's Butt Rub trailer there also. I've also saw other people advertising their rubs at some contests. The questions I have are, do they use their stuff at contests? Do they tailor their rubs at contests? Do they mix up new mixtures for the contest where they're at?

My family seems to like Texas BBQ rub better. I couldn't believe how good my pork butt & loins turn out using it.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back