Burger Quest: Gordon Ramsey's Ultimate Burger

David

TVWBB Pro
I, as many or most of you, enjoy a good burger. I especially like them on Sat. or Sundays, when my day is often "wasted" watching college or pro football. I usually tape the pro games and then watch them 20-30 minutes later, fast forwarding through the commercials and half time. That way I watch 2-3 games in the time that it takes to watch one........also that gives me time to be away while on the grill. But I digress from the cook.

Today I decided to do a burger cook of Gordon Ramsey (of Masterchef fame). His recipe basically consists of adding onion, garlic, honey mustard, Tabasco, Worcestershire, sun-dried tomato's, and ketch-up to the mix and grilling. i toned down the ingredients a tad as some seemed out of whack, but in hindsight, ,might not next time. First off, the amount of onions in the mix and the addition of liquid made the burgers somewhat "soupy" and a touch harder to hold together on the grill, so make sure that the burgers are seared good before the first turn. They turned out fine as I flipped only once and went from sear to indirect by changing the flames under the meat....as I did these on gasser, it was easy. On a charcoal grill, one could simply rotate the grate. I added salt and pepper to the outside just prior to putting on the grill.

First off, I am the judge, but the wife, who seems to pick up on over seasoned food more than I, enjoyed them as well. They had a nice cooked onion flavor with just a hint of kick from the other seasonings. It is a burger that I would do again, perhaps adding more to several of the ingredients, such as garlic, which I added less and the Tabasco. Anyway, here's the pics, and yes, I had fries with that.........

Even with a careful flip, they wanted to start coming apart a bit, not more flips, and they did just fine.

ramseyburger002_zps01801ba6.jpg
[/IMG]

ramseyburger006_zpsaf7675e8.jpg
[/IMG]

Keeping them warm while the fries finish.......seem to take longer than they should........

ramseyburger010_zpsf0812aab.jpg
[/IMG]

Yep, plated up with my style, straw fries, cheese, onion, pickle, mustard, and mayo.................Nice burger.

ramseyburger012_zps50b90eea.jpg
[/IMG]

As I said, this is a burger I will do again, but then, there's lots of other recipes to try first............onward with the next
Burger Quest.........................d

Yes sir that burger looks good.
I like the description that it tasted like cooked onion flavored. :D

Great looking burgers and fries!!! try running the onions thru a food processor then putting them in a clean towel and squeezing all of the liquid out of the onions, that should help. I have never had a Gordon Ramsey burger but its on the list next time we hit Vegas.

Great looking burgers and fries!!! try running the onions thru a food processor then putting them in a clean towel and squeezing all of the liquid out of the onions, that should help. QUOTE]

Might try that next time.........................d

Or even better- salt and toss the unions after chopping, wait for half an hour, rinse, and squeeze in a clean towel. You might want to check how salt they are before you add any salt to your meat. The salt helps to remove some of the moisture from the unions.

Back