Built in Summit Kamado?

Has anyone on here had any success building in a Summit Kamado into some sort of nest? I'm worried about doing it and not getting it to balance properly. Is it better to keep the ring on and build around that/ is it best to nestle the bowl into a unit without it?

I've been looking at tables for my BGE for a long time and while I think it would be really nice to build one, I don't have the woodworking skill nor patience to build one that I'd be happy with.

That said, I'd leverage the original table leg holes into the ring and include some leveling adjustment for the base relative to the table for final tuning. Height adjustable legs would be nice to have to account for slope in a patio.

If you build one, please post pics !

Not sure if I linked my old post on this correctly but if I would have had the Summit lid and hinge for this Summit bowl I'd have moved it to the edge of the top and notched for the hinge. The kettle lid as shown in the link is working great and often for my son n law on a patio permanent setting.
View attachment 61605

View attachment 61606View attachment 61608View attachment 61609
This is great, love it! The lip on the bowl looks like it works well for holding it in place safely!

Not sure if I linked my old post on this correctly but if I would have had the Summit lid and hinge for this Summit bowl I'd have moved it to the edge of the top and notched for the hinge. The kettle lid as shown in the link is working great and often for my son n law on a patio permanent setting.
View attachment 61605

View attachment 61606View attachment 61608View attachment 61609
Is that a 26" kettle lid?

Back