Build done...few questions

J. Winn

TVWBB Fan
Just finished assembling it tonight. At first it was reading like 25F for pit temperature and then I plugged in the thermocouple and it shot up to about 700F and I got a bit worried. I just changed the pit probe to thermocouple and it came down to something more reasonable and it acknowledges when the probe is removed as well. However, the food probes are reading high. They are the thermoworks needle probes and I am using the default et72/73 configuration. They are reading roughly 30* higher than the thermocouple which seems to be much closer to the actual room temperature.
Also, could someone give me a bit of guidance as to what I am looking at when I go to AVR Firmware>Repository? Which hex do I want to use? Also, should I be updating Linkmeter too? Thanks!

You shouldn't have to do any software changes, if you used the the link on Github to build your heatermeter.

If you have thermowork probes you need to change the settings to reflect the probe type. As you pointed out its stock setting is ET-72/73, those are a Maverick probe. So, you would need to change the settings to thermoworks for wach probe, the same as you did for the thermocouple

Ok thanks I'll have a look. But from reading the wiki I was under the impression that the et72/73 maverick setting was to be used. I guess maybe I misinterpreted it. As far as updating, I would still like to know what all the different hex files are for for future reference. Thanks!

All the hex files are mostly just previous versions. A lot of people like to be able to "roll back" updates so they're all there. There's also the snapshot, which is the latest from the development branch, and the hm-noise which adds a graph of noise to the home screen at the cost of not being able to turn it off.

Back