Bug and tar spray for cars.

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Wife's been putting on a lot of country miles visiting the grandson and her sister. This is like the 5th weekend in a row that I take the car and get it cleaned. I have some turtle wax and Rain x bug spray but it's so so. She has a membership to Delta Sonic, but they do so so also for bugs and tar.
I've searched for top ones, just curious what you use or do you use something else like a multi tasker?

I use the Turtle Wax bug and tar remover and think it works well.

I clay bar, seal and wax at least twice a year so maybe that helps?

I am interested in vehicle maintenance so subbed to read other replies.

WD 40 works great for bugs and tar. It does not harm the clear coat or paint and it's the ultimate multi-tasker.
Just don't forget to rinse with soap and water when you're finished.
That's what I like to hear.

I save old bath towels and when i need to defunk my car i soak them and lay them over the front end and windshield to soak, While i am getting my soap bucket ready, i will start washing the back of the car first and by the time i get to the bugs they are soft and come off with low effort 95% anyway,
but to help this along every spring I do a deep clean to get all the winter stuff off the car, wash,clay, then if it needs it buff out scratches, or if surface is good buff in a polish on the body and windows. the i wax it Right now i am using Meguiars Ceramic wax, It puts on a good layer of protection the water just sheets off. when i lived in Kentucky i would do this again in October for the winter Salt,sand and grim protection.
Seems like a lot of work and it is I am 72 and it takes me longer now but it is also a good work out and stretch. Keeps me moving.

I know very little about this stuff, but would applying a ceramic coating help?

Wife's been putting on a lot of country miles visiting the grandson and her sister. This is like the 5th weekend in a row that I take the car and get it cleaned. I have some turtle wax and Rain x bug spray but it's so so. She has a membership to Delta Sonic, but they do so so also for bugs and tar.
I've searched for top ones, just curious what you use or do you use something else like a multi tasker?
Once you get all the bugs and tar off and the car washed, try using Lemon Pledge on it. Old trick used by Harley owners to help keep bugs & tar from sticking. Makes it a lot easier for the next cleaning. Honda makes a motorcycle spray cleaner and polish that works well too. Lots of Gold Wing riders swear by it.

I know very little about this stuff, but would applying a ceramic coating help?
Yes or Garpheane coating. But you need to do prep work first to make it last and then a spray detailing spray after a wash to make the coating last.
Some of these coating say 3 to 9 years of pr1000001692.jpgotection. So if I paid 90.00 bucks for the product and got a real world shine protect of say 3 to years I would very happy. This is my 2020 Rav4 63k on it and was last coated with just cermic wax last December.

Attachments

• 1000001690.jpg
    1000001690.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 3

Back