Buckboard Bacon

Darin Hearn

TVWBB Fan
Well I did it. I put the buckboard bacon cure on 15 pounds of boneless pork butt. I put the cure on late Monday night so I am going to count Tuesday as day one. I will take some pictures and keep you updated on how it goes!!

After 12 days for curing, I smoked my buckboard bacon on Saturday night and fried some up on Sunday. Let me tell you this stuff is incredible!!!! It tastes so good. I am hooked. I fried up enough to make some sandwiches. If anyone is thinking about trying this and making some, do it! You won’t be sorry!

I will post some pictures later!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darin Hearn:
After 12 days for curing, I smoked my buckboard bacon on Saturday night and fried some up on Sunday. Let me tell you this stuff is incredible!!!! It tastes so good. I am hooked. I fried up enough to make some sandwiches. If anyone is thinking about trying this and making some, do it! You won’t be sorry!

I will post some pictures later! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Darin, It is good stuff, glad you hear you liked it. I never made the buckboard using butts, I always make it with loins for back bacon. Pics would be
icon_cool.gif

Back