Brown hood

No, those markings don't mean anything to me.

You're looking for a sticker similar to this one from a Genesis 2. I found it on the underside of the porcelain enameled control panel.

vq3y0BZ.jpg

A Genesis 1000 should have a model number of 210000 or some variant like 211001, 214001, or 219001.

Chris: I did find the sticker, it is on the end of the right table. However, it is virtually blank.
I tried every angle with a flashlight to read it, and it looks like that little bit of printing is in the field for the model number...but not sure. It also looks like it might read L1000 but again, that is just a guess...I will try looking in some good daylight and maybe that will help, but the label, other than those few partial characters is totally blank. I didn't wipe or wash the lable, I have learned to take pictures before attempting that. That usually destroys any printing that is left on these older grills.

ewxUoqO.jpg

Yah, I don't know if weber has changed how they label grills, but if they haven't, they should consider a stamped aluminum plate or something similar.

Back