Brisket Vs Tri??? Cost and Flavor

Michael N

TVWBB Fan
Hey there,
I just wanted to get your opinons. My Tri cost double the brisket at $4 per. With all the waste in brisket (I think its about 40 to 50 less in the finished product). Why not go tri (plus you get Med Rare meat).

One big reason that I can think of is the freezing factors. Frozen leftovers are important. Brisky freezes really well.

So far my tris have been great (teq lime tri and cooking forum). My brisket has been top notch using HH.

So what do you think, brisket or Tri-tips?

For me its tri tips over brisket. Tri tips here is a pretty economical cut of meat. They take very little time to cook and I have never tried freezing leftover tri tip, never had that much leftover where I needed to freeze it.

To me they are very different cuts of meat so there isn't a comparison that works well (and I am not concerned about price myself). I can see comparing flank, say, to tri, or brisket to one cut of chuck or another, since the similarities are apparent.

I can see that (cuts being very different). I think i'll have to try a chuck roast sometime just to check it out.

I was just trying to decide what to smoke this weekend. True to the forum, I'm gonna do both. After all, whats a day off good for if you can't run your WSM.

Back