Brisket Tease

Scott Waller

TVWBB Fan
Its time to cook my 3rd brisket. Going to cook a 6.5 lb brisket tomorrow and I figure I would give a little teaser to you all until its a finished product come tomorrow evening. Figure its going to be about a 6-7 hour cook depending on temperature. Suppose to be 80's here tomorrow so cook should go smoothly. Did my 1st homemade rub after reading a few to see what usually goes into one. I will get more info about the cook as it goes tomorrow. But here is a little something to look at until then.:wsm:

The unveiling will be tomorrow. There is an added bonus, Beef Ribs. Had to cook them because I need to empty some of my fridge out before going on vacation in a couple of weeks. So this will be the chance to use both the 18.5 and 22.5.

Mother nature was not very kind to my plans this afternoon, but after seeing forecast being 79 and sunny tomorrow, it will be an early wake up time for my day off to do some smoking. Here is the preview of those beef ribs that will join the brisket.

I am going off the grid on this. The prep was giving the ribs a bath in worcestershire and did a hand method of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper as a rub. My last time on beef ribs didn't render enough so I am going off of what I think. The sauce will be A1 with no BBQ sauce cause of it being beef. haven't decided on injecting or not but I have a Stubbs beef injection marinade ready if I do.

Last edited:

Back