Brisket smoke this weekend

Jamie Berry

TVWBB Fan
I'm doing my first packer cut brisket tonight. I want to do a midnight cook. We're expected to have temps in the teens tonight. I plan on doing "midnight brisket" setup in the cooking topics using the minion method. Any thing i need to do differently to keep the temps up til 6 am? Thanks!

Jaime, good luck with the smoke. You will love the results (and the burnt ends). I recommend you use an ET-73 (or similar) remote thermometer, so an alarm can sound if your temp peaks too high, or drops too low. You will need a good wind break too. Also, you can't pack too much fuel (briquette or lump) into the coal ring. With temps around 225-250*F you can expect 1.25-1.5 hours of cook /per lb of brisket. Hope it's a good one!

Jamie, How did the cook go??? Need pics
icon_smile.gif

Wow, that brisket looks awesome! I've got a pork butt on the Q now. Taking half of it down to mom's in south jersey tomorrow, along with baked sweet potatoes and collared greens.

That is some mighty fine looking brisket you've got there. If that was put in front of me at a competition, I would score that pretty good for appearance. Good ring, nice shine. I'd wager it was very tender too.

Russ

That looked just wonderful! I'm going to do a brisket next time we have people over and when it's a tad less miserable outside. Just curious what you used for a rub?

Back