Brisket question

Nick Smith

I bought an 8 lb brisket but the butcher cut it into half. So I have 2 4 lb sections. Any advice to cooking these smaller peices up and still have them moist? How long should expect them both to cook?

He cut it in half, did he actually cut the brisket in half or separate the point from the flat? If he cut it in half he is no butcher.

Very small briskets......depending on what temp you cook them, but I'd think if you cook them at 275 they should be done in about 5 hours +/-. No guarantee on the moist meat being that small. I normally cook whole briskets that are "about" 10 pounds and they take about 12 hours at "about" 235 degrees +/-.

If your "Butcher" cut the brisket in half, you will have a fat end and a lean end. The fat gives it tenderness so you may end up with two seperate meats tasting different.

Good luck however.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Noe:
He cut it in half, did he actually cut the brisket in half or separate the point from the flat? If he cut it in half he is no butcher. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
au contraire mon fraire he is just that, a BUTCHER ....
icon_biggrin.gif
.. well so to speak ...

Back