Breakfast on the Q1200

CaseT

TVWBB Platinum Member
7AB57C94-E706-42A8-AAA1-FAF794AF2118.jpeg77D88FF4-2DBB-4193-A14A-7773C389A939.jpegB41B1A53-029C-4CBF-A112-790F20ADFB53.jpeg85F38DD6-10D0-4B7E-9246-376A2D37AA61.jpeg1A9839CD-768C-41D9-8382-A0F9B9CEBB96.jpegNormally I’d make this in the oven but I wanted to see how it would go in the Q. We also make this in the Dutch oven when camping. Test run was to see if it worked for N upcoming hunt rip. Wasn’t sure if we’d be able to have fires (which we just found out we can).

So similar to mountain man breakfast but a bit different. We call it tater tot quiche. You can use any form of frozen tater you like. Yes even mashed French fries will work .

I cooked this in my 10” Field cast iron pan.

Preheat your oven, bbq, etc to 400°f

For this size you need about 4 cups of thawed taters. Break up tot or mash fries. Press these into your pan. About a 1/4”-1/2” thick and form a lip around the side. I like to reserve a 1/2-1 cup of the taters for topping.

Place into preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.

While that’s happening get your filling ready. I used 6 eggs mixed, half a diced onion, half a diced bell pepper, 6 cut up cooked sausage patties, grated cheese ( I used Mexican blend) sky’s the limit on the filling. Pre cook the protein you plan to use. Wife doesn’t like raw onion so in sautéed them
In olive oil until soft while the tot crust baked.

When crust is ready (should be golden and starting to crisp. Lower oven temp to 300°f.

Take the crust out of the oven and assemble you toppings. I like to sprinkle in a coating of cheese. Then spread the protein and veggies evenly across the top.

Pour in eggs. Top with more cheese and the remaining taters. Salt, pepper and back into the oven for 20-25 minutes.

Again sky is the limit on fillings. Bacon, sausage, shrimp, crab, jalapeños, etc.

Fire ban has been lifted. Several neighbors have bbqs going this morning. The smoke smells great!

I've never been in a burn ban, but I imagine my neighborhood would smell like bbq after one lifted!

Great idea on the breakfast - definitely like to be camping with someone putting together something like that :)

I've never been in a burn ban, but I imagine my neighborhood would smell like bbq after one lifted!

Great idea on the breakfast - definitely like to be camping with someone putting together something like that :)
Yeah it’s been non stop Traeger pellet smoke in my hood since yesterday morning, lol!

I have a nice prime rib I’m going to get out and thaw! Will cook it on the 14” maybe with the rotisserie attachment.

Back