Bread

She's a beauty, Tim!! Love the natural seam, color is spot on!! All white flour, or did you get some whole wheat in there, too?

I'm not sure about this "season" for bread thing, but I suppose if I lived in NH, I might have a bread season, too! :)

So, other than slathering a warm, toasted slice with butter, what do you have planned for loaf #1 of the season?? :)

R

She's a beauty, Tim!! Love the natural seam, color is spot on!! All white flour, or did you get some whole wheat in there, too?

I'm not sure about this "season" for bread thing, but I suppose if I lived in NH, I might have a bread season, too! :)

So, other than slathering a warm, toasted slice with butter, what do you have planned for loaf #1 of the season?? :)

R
Lol. Nah, straight up ap flour. Plan to do some turkey/pesto sandwiches. My son devours it with just butter. Won't last long.

Great looking loaf Tim! It is that time of year when baking bread helps heat the house, rather than just putting more load on the air conditioning! I need to get some fresh flour & yeast and get some going myself.

What a coincidence!!!!

I just gave DH our binder to our bread making machine to pick out something to make!!!
To name a few.....

Beer Cheese Bread
Bloody Mary Bread (with Vodka)
Ciabatta
Colonial Bread (saving for next month)
Onion Dill Bread

b

Awesome looking loaf Tim.
I’m gonna have to give ap a go.
Making bread is fun.

I’ve been experimenting with blending 80% bf, then a mixture of rye, spelt and ww for the other 20% lately.
I will be working with these today.
Season wise, our weather is still very inconsistent so it brings a little bit of that kind of challenges.

Attachments

• IMG_1327.jpeg
    IMG_1327.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 1
@Tim Campbell
@Andy Kaminski

The "house loaf" around here:

35% AP
35% Bread
18% Whole Wheat
10% Durum/Semolina
2% Rye

I use 100g of starter for a 1000g loaf.

**If you make this with commercial yeast, divide your starter amount in half and add this amount to your flour weight and to your water weight. Yeast amount (assuming Active Dry yeast) is up to you.....probably 1.5-2.25 tsp for a "normal" loaf.

@Tim Campbell
@Andy Kaminski

The "house loaf" around here:

35% AP
35% Bread
18% Whole Wheat
10% Durum/Semolina
2% Rye

I use 100g of starter for a 1000g loaf.

**If you make this with commercial yeast, divide your starter amount in half and add this amount to your flour weight and to your water weight. Yeast amount (assuming Active Dry yeast) is up to you.....probably 1.5-2.25 tsp for a "normal" loaf.
Thanks, Rich. Will try this.

Awesome looking loaf Tim.
I’m gonna have to give ap a go.
Making bread is fun.

I’ve been experimenting with blending 80% bf, then a mixture of rye, spelt and ww for the other 20% lately.
I will be working with these today.
Season wise, our weather is still very inconsistent so it brings a little bit of that kind of challenges.
Thanks, Andy.

Thanks, Rich. Will try this.
Adjust those percentages to your liking, and/or what's in your pantry for flour! I really like some Durum/Semolina in the dough, and that small amount of rye adds a great background flavor/sweetness. The 50/50 blend of AP and Bread flours gives it the gluten and protein content needed to hold shape well.

Adjust those percentages to your liking, and/or what's in your pantry for flour! I really like some Durum/Semolina in the dough, and that small amount of rye adds a great background flavor/sweetness. The 50/50 blend of AP and Bread flours gives it the gluten and protein content needed to hold shape well.
Thank you, Rich. This is really helpful.

Back