Brats in Secret Stadium Sauce

Wow. Those look amazing. Gotta try that technique. Calico beans ? Care to share that recipe?

This looks lovely, as always, but I must say I wonder what this cooking after grilling does to the skin on the sausages. Is the skin rubbery? Crisp skin on sausages like this is for me essential.
Maybe I'll have to try for myself.

Thanks everybody:eek:

So what's the sauce take like Jim?
How is the sauce? Is it really sweet?
I've read this somewhere about the taste of SSS and i kinda agree with it.... "It doesn't taste like ketchup and sauerkraut. It's like smoky ketchup, less tomato-y, less sweet, more BBQ like. I don't know of anything else with the flavor." "It also has a strong hint of clove in it as well."

Found the sauce on Amazon. So I guess you use that amazon thing on here and you get the sauce and TVWB gets a token.
you could Paul... I simply buy it in the store. Everyone here sells it:)

The Easter bunny sent me a bottle of Secret Stadium Sauce, and I have since purchased some brats.
Guess what I'm making soon?!
ummm.... TreeRat??!!:p

My kids to this day make me buy Secret Stadium Sauce ( I think its okay)...
c'mon Matt, ya gotta make it AT LEAST once a year:D it's Fun Stuff to dip your buns in:eek:

Calico beans ? Care to share that recipe?
Frank, you may want to try THIS RECIPE

...I wonder what this cooking after grilling does to the skin on the sausages. Is the skin rubbery? Crisp skin on sausages like this is for me essential.
w0w... Gee Geir, i never really thought about it... OR thought about THINKING about how it makes the casting of the brat... so. well. to be honest with you... Dont Think About The Skin! :D

Thank you all again very much, your comments and cool remarks are greatly appreciated AND fun to read:)

Love the pics, brats and beans. Nothin' new there. Did you you use the 'stewin' juice for another recipe, Jim? Or just to slather and slather again?

Back