Brand New Damper Design - "The Micro Damper"

I'm not saying that it doesn't, I just prefer a higher quality STL to work from. The threads print and function, just not as good as they could. The more segments there are, the closer to an actual 1" NPT spec they will be. A bevel for the lead in thread would be a nice touch too.

It threads onto a pipe nipple easily, fits nicely, and tightens when you reach the end. What more do you require from it? I don't understand why you want/need it better

I don't need it better, and you're obviously not obligated to do anything more with it. I just was interested in a better external appearance and threading. I'm not here to bash it, I'm just an enthusiast.

Hey steve...fyi...I found these instead. They look to be better quality and also ship from the US. Its about the same you'd pay for one on mouser but you get 5 instead. Extras in case friend/family want one I guess.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/192049030006

You may want to check out their other listings for your kits. They are selling 25 for $20, alot better than mousers price.

Thanks. I'll order and see how the size, quality compare. If they are better then you just made the kits a little cheaper for everyone.

Just noticed there had been an error in the microdamper store. On the drop down box to select which options you'd like to choose, it was displaying incorrectly. This has been correct, sorry for any inconvenience.

Neil Martin, I don't know your username here otherwise I'd PM you. I'm getting errors each time I try to email you - if you see this send me a PM

Hey,

Just finished my Heatermeter 4.3 and would like to print a Microdamper on a friends printer. I have a Stubbs cabinet smoker, and it came with a BBQ Guru adapter. I opted out of the controller when I bought, but would like to use the adapter that's mounted. This is what I have. https://www.bbqguru.com/storenav?CategoryId=2&ProductId=6 I think. The OD is 1 3/8".

Will the Fanhousing_Universal file you have listed on Thingiverse fit this?

Hi,

I'm looking into building the MicroDamper for my Large BGE. How did you make the attachment for it? Can you offer any advice on how to make the adapter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Just killed my stock. I've changed the microdamper store to read "coming soon" while I'm replenishing. Stay tuned

Hi,

I'm looking into building the MicroDamper for my Large BGE. How did you make the attachment for it? Can you offer any advice on how to make the adapter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,

I went to the hardware store and bought a sheet of metal and a 1 inch black pipe. I took the solid metal damper off my egg and used it as a pattern. I used metal tin snips to cut out the pattern and then used a step drill bit to create the hole for the 1 inch pipe. As you are drilling with the step drill bit keep checking the hole size with the pipe. I was able to get the hole just the correct size so I could thread the pipe into it without using nuts.

I have since bought a cap for the pipe so I can unscrew the micro damper and cap the pipe to put out the fire. Haven't tried out the cap yet but see no reason why it won't work.

For those who drilled a hole to mount the Micro Damper to a WSM, where on the base did you put the hole? About level with the stock vents?

For those who drilled a hole to mount the Micro Damper to a WSM, where on the base did you put the hole? About level with the stock vents?

Yup, just about vent level.

IMG_20160312_132910338.jpg

Ughhh! The shop will be down for a few days, again! My order to replenish servos arrived incomplete. Because I personally check each servo for functionality before it is shipped out I was able to find that the servo horns were not included with the delivery - a part that is necessary to assemble the MicroDamper. I am currently working with my supplier to get the servo horns delivered ASAP, but since the weekend is coming I don't think I'll have any shipments out by Tuesday. If I did not contact you, but you received a tracking number, then you are a lucky one and will receive your MicroDamper soon. Those that this will affect - I have sent you an email. I apologize, yet again, for any inconvenience!

Ok, I'm putting the store back online. Hopefully I don't run into any more problems - I've had enough for the next 6 months!

Hey,

Just finished my Heatermeter 4.3 and would like to print a Microdamper on a friends printer. I have a Stubbs cabinet smoker, and it came with a BBQ Guru adapter. I opted out of the controller when I bought, but would like to use the adapter that's mounted. This is what I have. https://www.bbqguru.com/storenav?CategoryId=2&ProductId=6 I think. The OD is 1 3/8".

Will the Fanhousing_Universal file you have listed on Thingiverse fit this?

I have the same adapter, did youj figure out a good way to attach?

i have an adapter I designed for the Micro Damper to fit the BBQ Guru. I'll see if I can find it and post, if that's alright, SteveCK?

i have an adapter I designed for the Micro Damper to fit the BBQ Guru. I'll see if I can find it and post, if that's alright, SteveCK?

You have an adapter that fits into the "universal" model on thingiverse,not one that fits the standard threaded model which is in the store (just to clarify). You can post it up, I don't mind, I'm sure it'll help someone out.

Back