Braggin ' Rights Brisket

Alexander

TVWBB Fan
I am in need of expert advice. My wife asked me to smoke a brisket for Mother's Day to be ready to eat at 3pm.
Has anyone smoked one using the recipe from the book Smoke & Spice, Braggin ' Rights Brisket?
Also, how much time do I need for this hunk of meat, 9 lbs?

I thought of smoking it this afternoon and then warming it up tomorrow. Is that a bad idea? Will it dry out when warmed up?

I haven't seen the specific recipe so I can't comment on that portion.....

For the timing it will depend on your cook temps and if you are foiling......Just let us know the plan and we can narrow that part down!

FOr the cook today and serve tomorrow, that is not a problem at all. I would personally keep the brisket whole, cool it quickly wrap in plastic wrap and then heat up in foil tomorrow. Just heat it to serving temps and not all the way back to your finished internal cooking temps. No need to use low temps for the reheat I would set the oven at about 350.

Clark

Alexander, if you're doing low 'n slow, I usually count about 1.25 hrs per lb at 250-260*F. I'm starting one tonight for tomorrow's lunch with mom.
High heat method is perfectly fine if you cook it in advance, and reheat the next day.

Back