Bought the wrong thing . . .

Bill D-NC

TVWBB Pro
I was planning to do a little Pepper Stout Beef today but I accidentally bought the wrong cut. I got a Sirloin Tip Roast instead of a Chuck Roast. I had time, so I went back to Publix to get the right thing. D@mn ! ! ! The Tip Roast that I'd bought was $6.00 lb. Chuck Roast was $12 ! ! !

I remember when those were considered a poor man's brisket . . .

Oh, and Prime Rib Roasts were only $7.00 lb. Got a small one of them and had the butcher there cut it into 4 ribeye steaks for tomorrow ! ! !

Anyway, since I had the pepper, the onions, & the Guinness, I figured I try to shoehorn the Wolfe Pit recipe and see what happened. So I seasoned up the Tip Roast and got the Weber running at 275º. I cooked the veg, underneath, at the same time since I was not going through the braising process.

Tip Roast 1.jpeg

Tip Roast 2.jpeg

Here's what I had after trimming off the silver-skin and other junk.

Tip Roast 3.jpeg

I'm going to let it chillout overnight in the fridge and then slice it this for sandwiches later in the week.

BD

Tip tends to be dry with way less fat and grisly, I also wonder, how did it turn out?

I only will use sirloin tip for beef jerky and sirloin tips. I grind the jerky and saute' the tips for hours to make them tender.

Back