Bought some Kingsford

Lew

TVWBB All-Star
I haven't used Kingsford in years. I prefer lump and when I use briquettes, I use Stubbs. As I said in another post, my modded ECB doesn't have room for much ash.

Alas, the Home Depot sale got me. I barbecue a lot and 80 lbs of charcoal for less than $20 was too good to pass up. I use my WSM almost exclusively now for slow cooking and there's plenty of room for ash. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow.

For what it's worth, my experience has been that since the reformulation a couple years ago, Kingsford doesn't throw off nearly as much ash as it used to.

Lew -

I have recently switched back to K from lump. Right now it is easier for me to deal with the ash than it is to deal with the pieces of lump that gets all over the patio when it pops and spits in the charcoal starter. I saw where Harry Soo is using K and I also took one of Konrad's classes and he used K in his WSM and the bbq tasted fine.

-Don Dukes

Lew, Kingsford has been my goto for many years. I bought 160 lb. today and will probably get more tomorrow. I love RO lump but I only use it for special cooks. (Steaks, high heat etc.) Too much of a PITA for me. Got to ARRANGE it in the chimney and the grill. Kingford is just dump and go.

I love to cook on lump but after my dear lovely wife noticed a couple of little burn marks from the lump sparks on the patio furniture, I'm going to have to limit my lump use to my Kamado Joe and move it away from the patio furniture and use K more for my every night grilling!

These prices are fantastic!

Pat

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">K</span> is coool! 2
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike F.:
Lew, Kingsford has been my goto for many years. I bought 160 lb. today and will probably get more tomorrow. I love RO lump but I only use it for special cooks. (Steaks, high heat etc.) Too much of a PITA for me. Got to ARRANGE it in the chimney and the grill. Kingford is just dump and go. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did the same thing, bought 160lbs today. Going back later today to get more.

I have to agree with Brett.

I don't like the blue at all, but the new Comp K is great. There is no "kingsford" smell with the Comp K when they light up.

I picked up 8 twins today.(320lbs) You should have see the look on peoples faces as I rolled it through the store. Then we get to the counter I tell the lady to ring me up for eight! The manager says your roasting a pig aren't you? The wife smiles and tells him no. It's so he's stocked up until August! Man I love that girl. They did not mention a limit nor was there anything on the desplay as to a limit of four. With that being said I have 360lbs in stock. I think I should be good for a while!
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brett Fields:
Don't forget about the CompK. Very low ash. Great heat, even better flavor. no comparison to Blue. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

CompK is not on sale. I actually use mine for grilling, not smoking so I don't really have any issues with the smell or taste. I use lump when using the WSM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vince B:
I picked up 8 twins today.(320lbs) You should have see the look on peoples faces as I rolled it through the store. Then we get to the counter I tell the lady to ring me up for eight! The manager says your roasting a pig aren't you? The wife smiles and tells him no. It's so he's stocked up until August! Man I love that girl. They did not mention a limit nor was there anything on the desplay as to a limit of four. With that being said I have 360lbs in stock. I think I should be good for a while!
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no limit...just added a 160lbs more. I think Im good for the summer..
icon_smile.gif

Back