Bottom wire shelf for Genesis 1000

Jason in CA

TVWBB All-Star
I have two 1000 Genesis grills waiting for my attention. I went out today to survey the condition and realized both are in need of the bottom wire (or durawood) rack. Does anyone know a cost effective place to get replacements? Aside from starting a search for donor grills.

They are costly if you can even find a source online. Other than looking for donor grills, I would consider fabbing up your own Z brakets and durawood or wood slats. There was an earlier thread about using composite decking in place of the durawood and then I would PM Jon Tofte regarding a source for aluminum Z bracket stock.

I wish I could help you out as I have a few sets of Z brackets in stock along with some durawood, but I have two skylines I need to finish up before I let go of any of that kind of stock.

I haven't even been able to find any for sale from part stores. Everything says no longer available and out of production. looks like finding donors is about the only real option there is.

You are probably right Jason. But aside from finding a donor grill, there may be other options such as fabbing something up.

It might be easier and cheaper to make durawood or even painted wood trays for the bottom. You can buy stainless z bars or get an aluminum z bar from McMaster.

Back