Bonjour from Annecy - France

Alexis Solod

Hi there,
I'm Alex, I'm french (nobody's perfect !), 43 y.o, branch manager, 2 kids and a wonderful wife...
I live in the French Alps and I love cooking and grilling, especially when I can share it with friends...
I'm an epicurian and I love the american way of life... One of my dreams is to visit the United States... And I will soon !
In my life, I've tried many crappy french barbecues (charcoal, electric and gas) but I recently bought (second hand) a wonderful (gas bbq) Weber Genesis Silver A :redgenesis1: from 2006, in very good condition, almost new, for a cheap price... :)
I felt inlove with it, so nice, so easy to use and so well built. I felt inlove with the Weber brand too... I like their story, their products, their style and their spirit.
My bbq came with a plancha, a pizza stone and a cover.
I'm intersted in many tips, recipes and advises I will discover here...
For example I really want to try smoking food, I'm a total newbie... it is not very common here (homemade), but it starts slowly...
I'm sure I will learn a lot from you, and I'll try to make you discover some typical french recipes...
If I can help you with any tips or answer any questions about french cooking or France in general, don't hesitate...
I know, I talk to much, so I return to my grill now... Salut !
I'll be back soon...

Bonjour et bienvenue!
Had to brush up on my (Google) French.
:)
Welcome to the forum Alex, and congratulations on your Weber grill find!
I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Welcome aboard Alex. We like to talk here so you will fit in just fine. Next you will want to get a kettle or a WSM. That is how the Weber obsession starts.

Thanks everybody for your nice words...
Today I received new friends for my Genesis...

IMG_9658_zpshbkyrdun.jpg

Can't wait this weekend to try the smoker box and the iGrill mini device... :p

Welcome from NW Florida Alex, this is an awesome site and people are very helpful with great suggestions and Ideas. Make sure to snap some photos of your cooks and post and share them in the photo gallery.

Back